Saturday, September 15, 2007

Russian Hats and Rays of Sunshine--Bonding day 9

Bring on the snow 'cause this cool daddy is ready!



Well, another day of unfriendly homework experience. Cade(and I) got to stay here while Denver, Jansen and Guy went to the Market on their own to get Russian hats. Guy used his limited Russian and keen negotiating skills to buy some hats without an interpreter. Okay so the lady was actually honest and quoted him the same price as the day before, but hey, it all worked out. The boys paid for half of the purchase and Guy footed the other. Guy was also nice enough to haul bag a big glass jar of that yummy chicken noodle soup from Black Jack Cafe. Meanwhile, back at the Skiff Ranch, Cade pouted and didn’t want to do his Algebra. Is this possible? The son of a former math and science teacher? Or is it the whole 12 going on 21? Either way, when he finally decided to finish the homework, he did really well. At least he gets it, ehh?

By the time the girls got here at about 2:30, I was still trying to cool off. I was seriously ready to break down and cry the whole hour before as I was thinking, “I can’t even handle the ones I have now much less two more!” I am hoping this is normal and I haven’t felt this way yet. Of course, as soon as they came into the hotel room, I was calmed right down and my fears went away. I love my boys with all my heart and my whole life revolves around my family. I was comforted today to know that even when the going gets rough that more children will only be a blessing. This way, I suppose, if I am upset with a couple of them, then there are more to brighten the day. If they all revolt? Well, then it is time for date night, chocolate and nice long morning run. In reality, all of our kids are really good kids. Guy and I have little to do with that and none whatsoever with Yulia and Olia. We are absolutely being extremely blessed with girls coming to our home at an older age that are sweet, affectionate, smart, fun and beautiful. What an amazing addition to our boys and today they provided a ray of sunshine when I really needed it.

We did some miscellaneous things today when Yulia and Olia where here. Igor brought me the log book from the boarding school. I have to write an “official” entry of what we do together for everyday we visit so I had about 7 entries I had to do and then poor Igor had to translate them. Meanwhile, all the kids worked on a craft I brought from the U.S. They made a bunch of felt fish. We put up the Perry school of crafty fish on the entertainment center. They all enjoyed that and then we did more numbers today. We also played in the gym and went to the little store by the hotel. Actually there are like 5-6 “little stores” within 200 meters of the hotel. More on this later.
A quite kid moment-rare, but good
Perry school of crafty fish

After dinner Scott, the dad of the other American family, stopped by with his 5 year old son Ben and chatted for a bit while Ben made a crafty fish too. Then it was time for bed and here we go again tomorrow. If we are lucky, Cade will get his act together and be able to get himself a hat at the market too!

deb

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi nice blog .I am from California, This year-end; I planned to make tour to Russia. I need details about Tourist russian visa and important tourist place in Russia. Let me know, if any know.