Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Pretty Clothes for Pretty Girls, Bonding Day 7

Olia and Yulia in new outfits


Finally, I got to shop for a girls outfit! We got some shoes yesterday at the market, but that wasn’t nearly as fun as picking something out today. We went down to the Iceburg where they have a small grocery store and other small shops. We forgot to put the battery back in the camera so a picture of the facility will have to come later. The only downfall of the Iceburg was that there wasn’t much selection in the two shops that had children clothes and the prices were not that good. But, hey, I will take what I can get for now and all of a sudden the word MALL takes on a whole new meaning for me. I am sure that will wear off though considering I really don’t like to shop much. And I will really need help from all you girls(young and old) at home in picking stuff out because I just haven’t been paying attention to the latest fashion (like I ever have anyway.)
Love the shoes! Guy approved

Yulia and Olia liked their new clothes. I don’t know how much Olia likes pants because she usually wears skirts. I guess they have to wear Uniforms everyday at the Boarding School when they go to class. They can change after and Olia still chooses skirts. Yulia already wears pants and actually has a couple of cute shirts. And everyday since we got here, they wear their necklaces that we gave them on that first bonding day. They touch them and look at them a lot. Special thanks to Peggy Wheelwright for helping me make those and then gifting them to me. Very special and was an absolutely perfect way for us to help them understand that we are here to stay. We also showed the girls your picture, Peggy, and let them know you were the artist behind the creation.

After we tried on clothes, we went to the gym and played ping pong and balloons. They both came back happy and sweaty. However, I can say that, at the moment, it looks as though Olia is a girly girl. She really loves the Petshops and she asked if we had dolls. She is just so giggly and a little pouty. Then there is the skirt thing, too. Uh Oh, what are we to do with a girly girl? I would have to say that she is just adorable and very cuddly. Yulia is more into the physical activity and more serious minded. That is something I understand a little more.
Playing Ping Pong and balloons(above)in the Gym at the Skiff

Tomorrow we will go swimming. I showed them their swimsuits that we got before we came and they are excited. It will be fun!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I volunteer to take the girls shopping. Not that I have any experience buying girly stuff, but I have always wanted too!

NeSee

Sarah said...

Adorable! The shoes there are the best! I'm absolutely addicted! :) In fact I just pulled out a fall pair for my two year old that I bought last winter while there. I bought them big on purpose and have more that she'll grow into yet! If I could do all our shoe shopping in KZ I would! :)

Sarah

Meg said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Meg said...

I must say that I really look forward to reading the daily updates and seeing the pictures. Megan is right, I think I have a place in my heart for the girls already.
Guy, it was good to hear your thoughts concerning subtle freedoms we seem to overlook. A developing country can teach us a lot, mainly that the degree of development does not directly correlate with the degree of happiness among the people.
Thank you for sharing such a personal, spiritual experience with us.
Ben
PS. please put the boys in a headlock for me and let them know they are missed.

Unknown said...

i am so happy for you and your family... just catching up on this blog has brought tears to my eyes. i'm proud to know you and am grateful for what you're able to open your heart up to. these girls couldn't have found a better home than the one you're going to bring them in to.

god bless.

jaynee

Bill and Cathe: said...

Hi Guys!

Cathe and I are glad that you have found your daughters and are looking forward to our trek to Petro in less than two weeks!
See you soon!
Bill