Sunday, April 6, 2008

Kids and Trees


Our day at the Liberty Park in Salt Lake City reminded me of our time in Petro's "Central" Park so I thought I'd write a quick note. The weather was somewhat overcast, the temperate a tad nippy, and the kids running from attraction to attraction. We played together on the swings, explored the duck pond and even sampled the very small amusement park rides. Coming together as a family, I find, has to have many such activities.

Five months have come since all seven of us have been together on American soil. Our home is no different than any other with ups and downs, smiles and frowns, etc. But certainly progress cannot be denied. The girls have thrived in school. Julia's last report card put her on on grade level in almost every subject. There has been basketball, tumbling, learning to swim, learning to rides bikes and rollerblades, and Little Miss Olivia's true love, ballet!

Thankfully the language has come very quickly. Julia gave a 5 minute verbal report to her 4th grade class, complete with a power point program. She did a wonderful job. Olivia loves to sing along with the radio to all her favorite songs and both can express themselves on demand. Gratefully, they have been willing to continue cultivating their native language. Both have taught me to pray in Russian and love to help me with new ways to say thanks. Gratitude is a powerful thing. As I look back on the events of 2007 they seem as a dream, a very powerful dream. Sacrifice, along with untold effort have brought the sweetest blessing of all, to love and be loved.

guy

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Perry family!

Glad I check in periodically, and happy to see the update. You have a beautiful family and should be very proud.

I have made my first trip to Taraz to adopt my daughter and am home awaiting my court date to return (hopefully in the next 2-3 weeks). I am sending little Kaz flags to my nephews in Utah so if you see them be sure to wave and say hello! (Remember, my brother in Ogden knows a friend of yours?).

I'm hoping your family continues to progress, and love your message about gratitude.

Shannon

Catalina said...

Hi Perry Family! Thanks to Shannon`s blog, I found yours. We just came back from Petro. Hopefully in one month, we will meet with Sholpan in Almaty to bring our 2 children, Yulia and Gabriel, home. We have also been to Poloundino. It was very nice to see the pictures in your blog, it brougth very sweet memories.

Encarni said...

Hello family!!
We are a Spanish family. I don`t speak English very good but I would to say you we are very, very happy when we have seen Olia in this photos. We knew Olia when we adopted our two princess in Poludino Orphanage (Petropavlovsk)last June. Our names are Encarni anda Venancio and we are from Sevilla in the south of Spain (Andalucia). We went to Kazajstan last May and June to find our daugthers Valentina (4 years old) and Dasha (3 years old). We feel very lucky. Olia played with Dasha and Valentina in orphanage and she was a wonderful girl. I hope she remember us. We are a lot of photos and videos of your princess and I´d like to send it. My e-mail adress is encarni65@gmail.com. We are a blog and you can consult it. http://decoriaakaz.blogspot.com
We`ve felt very happy when we knew what Olia went out to orphanage.
You have a beautiful family.
Congratulations!!!
Encarni

Joyce said...

Dear Perry Family,
Guy, it has been good to hear from you again. I have missed your blog. Everyone looks so very happy. I am so glad the girls are doing well, and that the language barrier is almost completely broken. Keep up the prayers no matter what language. Many best wishes to all of you!
Kaz Grandmama,
Joyce

Nola said...

Guy and Debbie - So glad to see an update on your happy family! I saw the picture of your kids in the local newspaper with them jumping on the trampoline surrounded by snow demonstrating your desire for healthy year round exercise. The girls really complete your family and seem to fit in so well. Keep up the good work... Nola

beth said...

hi, i just got your blog address from my aunt iris. I am guy's aunt Lorene's granddaughter... so my mom is Janet Guy's cousin.

I am soo glad to get to stalk you!

Beth Jarman

Stephanie said...

Can you please email me at yurikcrew@yahoo.com I would appreciate it. My family was in the process to adopt an older boy from the Regional Orphanage in Petro however my husband passed away and I was not able to complete the adoption. Since a friend of mine was able to link with friends of hers who are now going to adopt him. I wanted to know if you may know the boy as he has been in the orphanage for some time and if you could tell me about the orphanage so I can pass it onto my friends! They have linked with a few families who have adopted from regional orphanage as well and I am sure would love to link with you guys! God bless and I pray the girls are continuing to make strides, they are gorgeous as are your handsome boys!